Saturday, September 11, 2010
Adventures in Cooking...
Yeah, so... those of you that know me well know I'm not the chef type. I definitely enjoy eating, but for whatever reason, I don't especially like cooking. I thought I would catch the Betty Crocker bug once I got married, but that hasn't quite happened. I mean, I do my wifely duties and make good, balanced dinners for my husband (while half the time I eat a couple of bowls of cereal instead) and he is a sweetheart and cooks dinner some of the time, too. The dinners I make aren't that dometic though. I put the self-steaming frozen or canned veggies in the microwave and pat myself on the back for being a good wife. No stir-fried or special herbs here... unless the special herbs are included. What I'm saying is I technically do the job, but I feel like I should be doing more than heating up pasta sauce to dump on spaghetti noodles for my husband. In hopes of curing my cooking non-love, I asked my mom who lives close to us if on Saturday mornings I can come over and pratice cooking a dish. I just completed the second dish today: chicken enchiladas. Last week, I made lasagne. Joe and I had a thing of chicken (whole in pieces) in our freezer, so we thawed it and brought it over and my mom supplied the rest. I have always been repulse by raw poultry much less its gizzards (Joe likes the HEART?!) much less ripping the skin off much less pulling and cutting it apart. I almost puked all over the chicken so I bowed out and let my mom finish that part. I told Joe when we were dating a year ago that I don't do raw poultry especially the whole ones that you have to yank apart and he said he was okay with that because he'd do it. He claims to have no memory of that conversation. Anyway, just wanted to let my peeps know about my little goal to progress to Good Cook Status (GCS). Keep ya posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment