Hello, friends! Just wanted to update everyone on what is going on with us since all of you are so good about sharing your own adventures.
I had my birthday which isn't that important, but I thought I would share a birthday picture since it's rare that we remember to take any. I'm 26 now and it's freakin' me out!! This is my last year in my 'mid-twenties' and I don't like it. I just have to remind myself that a) I could be way older and b) that you should "never regret growing older; many are denied the privledge." Anyway, I had a nice birthday and was able to do some shopping with the birthday money my parents gave me and had some dinner with friends at my favorite Mexican restaurant followed by cake and ice cream. The night before I had enchiladas made by my mom and a little family party. All-in-all it was pretty great.
Joe is attending school as well as a pre-med student and will be starting his junior year next month. He is having a hard time deciding what he wants to do exactly, but he knows that he wants to work in medicine. He is a math and science whiz and tutors other students at the local community college and at KU as well and is happy to report that everyone he has tutored has gotten an A! On top of that, he has taken his MCAT and did very well. Joe will begin shadowing doctors at a local hospital. He is still as crazy about sports as ever especially (but not limited to) the Lakers. Before I married Joe, I had no idea that people actually watched golf on TV for fun rather than for punishment :) I have actually learned a lot about sports -- rules, players, teams, etc. -- although I still don't and may never understand football.
In other news...
We are excited to move into a new place in a few weeks although it is just around the corner from our old one. We love our Lawrence 1 friends way too much to move somewhere else! Yes, that was the moving truck we used to move our things from our old apartment into our storage unit for the month. It was rented out to us by the storage company for a $10 gas fee. Awesome! Gotta love the Duck tape.
We will have to post some pictures once we are settled in. Unfortunately for Joe, no dogs are allowed so he will have to wait to adopt a doggie for a little while longer :)
Well, that is about it for us! We hope that everyone had a happy and safe holiday!
Love,
Bren and Joe


No comments:
Post a Comment