On a scale of 1 to 10, I might be getting gay (10), but I am realizing that while I always mocked all things Homemaking, the time has come that I need to learn how to do some of those things and have those basic skills I didn't need a singleton going to school. Hot Pockets are bomb don't get me wrong, but feeding your husband that day after day may be mild spouse abuse. There is a sewing group once a month at church and also a recipe group as well, and I think I'm going to join (!). I have also started a family scrapbook. What has HAPPENED to me?! I caught the love bug is what happened. Lame, but you know. It happens. It's pretty clear that I caved and am embracing my future wifedom. Nah, I know I don't have to change into someone else to be a good wife and mom when the time comes, but I want to be prepared to run a household and take good care of JoeJoe is all. I don't plan to become a sewing maniac, but if someone needs a pair of pants hemmed, I don't want to have to take them to a tailor an pay money for something that I could have done myself if I had just taken the time. I can currently sew on a button... I guess that's something, right? Anyways, just wanted to post something about my delve into domesticity since the purpose of this pre-married blog is to track us on our lil adventures from the start up of our lil family. Eat your heart out, people! Heh.
xoxo
Bren
2 comments:
Nice. Before you know it, you'll be making bibs and burp cloths. LOL.
Nah, only gay people do that. Haha :)
Post a Comment