Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ca-ca-ca-catch Up

I flew to Arizona to visit Joe on the 10th and stayed through last Tuesday, February 16. It was a fantastic week and ended much too quickly! We went to see the movie "Valentine's Day" which was pretty cute. The way it was set up reminded me a lot of the film "He's Just Not That Into You" the way that it had a bunch of interconnected stories going on and all of them are about relationships and love. It's a  sweet little movie. We hung out with his family; watched the Olympics a good amount; attended the Tongan ward at church (Church is usually conducted in Tongan, but I lucked out that Sunday and much of it was in English); met up with my childhood friend, Ashleigh and her boyfriend Brett (who are both native Kansans like me); went on walks almost every day; and did some light shopping.  I also tried the traditional polynesian drink called Kava for the first time which is made out of the Kava root which is ground into a fine powder and combined with water. Polynesians come together to "mix" which means sitting on the floor in a large circle and socialize, sing, and drink Kava which is known for its relaxing quality. On Valentine's Day, Joe and I hiked up "A" Mountain located right at the ASU campus in Tempe (in T-shirts no less!) and watched the sun set and enjoyed the view. After that, we met up with Ashleigh and Brett and checked out an art display that Brett was putting together for show. Afterward, the four of us learned some sweet swing dancing moves at another couple's home and had a blast! Joe and I had so much fun that we want to take more lessons after we're married! We loved it! It also has a great work out built in so BONUS! Basically... I had a GREAT time with my love. I'm posting a couple pics, so enjoy, friends!












xoxo
Bren

No comments: