Saturday, October 1, 2011
Craft Weekend at the T's!
Between Conference sessions, the hubs and I have been working on our (and by our I mean "my"... what a guy being so helpful!) little painting projects. You have to understand if you don't know this about me already, but I am SO not a crafty person. I did scrapbook for a while, but I have zero hand-eye coordination and lack most or all ability to make something cute. Plus, I had the understanding that crafts were lame as my experience was limited to stupid projects from Young Womens (my leaders would always scold me for making my own thing instead of a Young Women Value Mobile. Gay!) and seeing foo foo rafia crap in middle-aged LDS homes. I recently made some new friends in my ward here that do some stuff that is actually really cool. One of them repaints hand-me-down furniture to make them her own and they look really good! Seeing what she has done inspired me to rescue give-away items and some of the wah-wahhh stuff I already have a new, adorable life! We are about done with contestant #1 aka tiny table. I think it just needs a lil inspection and a nice coat of gloss since I thought I wanted satin finish, but it turned out to be much more flat-looking than I expected. I decided I would like them to be glossy anyway. Next up are a mirror, a lamp and an old bookcase. I will update with before and after pictures after we are done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment