Saturday, August 20, 2011

Anyone feel like an apple?

We now have for the first time in our (year long) marriage... INTERNET! I wrote about how my old laptop got broken like two weeks after we got married, so we had no reason to get internet until now. I will probably blog more often now that I have a new laptop.
Well, I start school on Monday and I am excited and  NERVOUS! I feel like a freshman all over again. An old freshman. I hated the feeling the first time around. I would sneakily look at my map of campus and pretended that I did know where I was going (it took me like an hour to walk to my apartment once that should have only taken ten minutes tops). Well, SEVEN years later (Seriously! Starting to feel old, people!) -- after five years of college and a two year break -- I am returning to school to FINALLY finish up my bachelors degree! It  has taken far too long! Tommy Boy can be heard in my head: "Tons of people take seven years to graduate." "Yeah. They're called doctors." Oh well though. Anyway, I am starting at a new school, the University of Kansas, and couldn't be happier! We moved to this great little town two months ago, and it was relatively empty.  Lawrence is buzzing right now with all the kids back and they have their little parents with them and everyone is hoarding school supplies... it has stopped being so freakin' hot and the days are getting shorter... I feel fall coming and I just want to sharpen some pencils and take a big bite out of a big, red apple. Wish me luck!

No comments: